Table of content
APRIL International Care France, an insurance intermediary, designs, distributes and manages insurance solutions and assistance services for individuals, travelers, expatriates and businesses. Thanks to strong partnerships with distributors and medical providers, April is able to provide services anywhere in the world. By combining proximity and expertise, the group aims, through its APRIL International brand, to make life easier for their internationally-mobile customers by insuring their health and travel wherever they are in the world and whatever the nature and duration of their trip.
- Five healthcare covers you can choose from
- The lowest cover (Emergency) is very limited.
- Each cover offers options to included / exclude outpatient and repatriation
- High deductibles on inpatient cover possible; up to 5.000 euro per year
- Co-payment possible on outpatient costs (10% / 20%)
- Easy online application
- Optional cover: "Assistance Package" incl. personal liability cover
- Optional cover: maternity incl. childbirth up to 6.000 euro in Comfort and Premium cover, waiting period of 10 months after enrollment applies.
- Optional cover: dental / optics. Reimbursement depend on cover for healthcare. See benefits overview below or the application module for details.
- Zone 0, 1 and 2: enrollment up to 71 years of age (70 is possible - 71 is not possible)
- Zone 3, 4 and 5: enrollment up to 75 years of age (74 is possible - 75 is not possible)
- Not possible in Ukraine, Syria, Cuba, Iran and North Korea
- Once the insurance is effective, lifetime renewal is possible
- Payment of premium via either bank card / bank transfer / SEPA direct debit
- Currency in Dollar or Euro
- Optional covers for life / disability
- Cancellation possible per email each year per renewal date, however with a 60 days notice period.
- Certain professions are excluded: offshore / oil rigs, under water profs, handling explosives, corrosive, toxic or radioactive substances, maritime profs, surveillance / security, work on hights above 20 metres, pilots and aircrew, prof sports.
- Exclusions; we recommend to read the General Conditions art. 8 (page 19-21)
Tip: To get a better understanding of this insurance we invite you to read the ‘benefits overview’ document as it presents a very clear and practical insight in how this insurance works.
Click on the link below to enter the date of birth, nationality, country etc and search for the best combination of cover which would suit your needs. Choose for a high deductible or co-pay on outpatient cover to lower your premium.
- Tip 1: The online module does not show all possible covers you can issue (5 covers) but only 2 or 3 of them. When you get to the point where the module shows the premiums you can click on the little green triangle right above the premium to show other covers.
- Tip 2: We know most of our clients are not interested in the "death and total irreversible loss of autonomy and income benefits insurances" which can be part of this insurance package, however the online application module will ask you if you want to issue those insurances . If you don’t want that you can just click the button ‘I am not interested’ on the right part of the page and you will apply for healthcare / dental (optional) only.
- Tip 3: Because of regulatory reasons the application process is not completely online. You start online with choosing cover / fill in your details, also on premium payment method. After that you will be asked to print and fill out, sign, scan and upload the application and health declaration. It is useful to have a printer and scanner stand-by when you start with filling out the online application!
Characteristics of the April MyHealth International claim process:
- Online customer zone
- Easy Claim mobile app for paperless claims (available for plans with cover from the 1st euro/dollar)
- Multilingual advisors available 24/7 by telephone, email, chat, Messenger and WhatsApp
- Hospital charges covered directly 24/7
- Care network in the USA and Mexico and assistance in locating partner health professionals worldwide
- Claims processed within 48 hours, including for scheduled hospital admissions
- Paperless reimbursements up to €/$ 1,000 per bill
- A multilingual plan management team (17 languages)
- Three management platforms located in Mexico City, Paris and Bangkok
Claim Documents (pdf)
- Benefits overview
- General conditions
- Explanation cover zones healthcare
- Membership guide
- Cover of Covid-19 sheet March 2021
- Claim form
- Info doc IPID
- Info doc personal data (GDPR)